Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Question Answering Time Again

I know that I havent answered questions in a while... Im sorry- keep em coming I love them!

*Im not sure how close you can get to the anthills but Im not going to find out lol. They are like termite biting ants... its like how many licks does it take to get to the center of the tootsie pop... but instead of not knowing the answer because the people bite the sucker... the people that try to find out are the thing getting bitten by 3,3482395728972357 ants lol.
*The shacks outside of my office in the picture have corrogated metal roofs... i love the sound when it rains.
*It costs money to pet the crocs lol - i was like eff that im not paying to get my arm bitten off.
*Yes, we as white americans get stared at ALL the time... and people shout Obruni at us lol.
*Aunt Dede, I want to see you in glasses!
*I dont remember if I ate alligator or crocodile that one time on vacation... I hope it doesnt come back to haunt meeee!
*Thank you to all who say that I look good/tan/skinny/adorable/happy in my pictures :)
*Ground nut stew is actually good. I know that peanut butter and tomatoe might only sound good together to a pgnant woman- but its actually really tasty. I can't wait to eat american food again though.... i miss salad and ranch dressing!
*Yes the core to African culture is centered around food/music and dance. I love it!
*Yes, I pinch myself often and I still dont believe that I am here.
*My room still looks like a jail cell lol... its so plain!
*The marketplace is just as much for the men as it is for the women which is really weird since I know that the men back home hate shopping so much- they would really hate spending an entire day in the market- its so hot and crowded and the men have to carry everything that the women buy :)
*The canoe ride on the lake was not as good as the one on the river with the Emeotts!
*The children were leading us to the bead village in the picture of us will all the kids.
*The sphinx does have some scaffolding around it... they were doing a dig while we were there... it makes me want to be an archaeologist!
*yes mom the pic by the pyramids was for you, and yes the camel was very alive
*I take notes daily so that I dont foget ANYTHING!
*The animals is Mole are wild- they are not socialized to humans at all so we had to be really quiet on the safari- if they see you they run away... except the elephants- they charge you. The monkeys came up to the tables where we were eating and took some sugar cubes off of it so I guess they arent really as scared of humans.
*The monkeys peeled the bananas that we held in our hands and ate them- it was so cute!
*The waterfall was pretty intense so I think thats why the girls were a bit scared. It wasnt too deep and it was the most perfect temperature in the world :)

1 comment: