Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Teaching ICT has been a little more intersting. They called in some computer techs to try and fix the computers so classes were cancelled for a few days and I just sat around feeling useless because I dont know how to make computers work lol. They ended up fixing 6 of the computers so we uploaded some software on them and then finally I got to teach with more than one working computer. It was glorious... unfortunatley the children dink around with the computers and push random buttons and click things that they shouldnt and by the end of the first day there was only one working computer left... and all that was working on it was Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing... in Spanish. Some kid switched the languages and now we dont know how to change it back because everything is in spanish. Needless to say we are now constantly trying to refix the computers instead of teaching the children on the one working computer... same shit different packaging :) The kids are preparing for their exams so we are mostly reviewing the stuff that we have been teaching them this semester. I also had to watch kids get beat with a computer cord/plug because the teacher couldnt find his cane- it was horrific and i never want to have to sit through that again- i felt totally helpless and taken aback!

This week we went to the mall a couple of times so that i could find an outfit for my birthday. The club that we decided to go to has a dress code and none of us brought party clothes or shoes so we all went shopping (the girls). It was so fun and after a full day of shopping we all had gelato (the best icecream EVER). It was like being back home and it made me kind of homesick :( We also stopped at the mall and saw 2012 which was really good- although I wish it had more of the history of the mayan predictions and the religious references- because Im a nerd like that.

We went out Saturday night to a club in Osu called Cinderellas. It was so much fun OMG we danced from 11-5 in the morning- my feet were numb from being in heels for that long but I looked like a rockstar so it was totally worth it :p Sunday was a day of recovery for most of us so we just chilled around the house and slept a lot.

My actual birthday was so nice. Everyone came over from the Aya center and bought me a bottle of sparkling wine :) and the people in the house got me a pink cake that said "Happy Birthday Princess" and had a ton of candles and it tasted SOOOOO YUMMY! and of course there was icecream too! I felt really spoiled. I also got some sour gummy worms, a chocolate bar, and a Chelsea jersey with my name on the back :) My family also sent me a bunch of cards and pictures which made me homesick but was really nice! I def felt special and had a great birthday. I don't feel like im 22 yet, hopefully it sinks in soon.

Now its down to crunch time... 26 days left. I have to write three papers and make sure I wrap everything up before heading home.

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you had a great birthday!!!! Do you have pics of "Rock Star" Beth, I bet you looked fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth--
    Happy Thanksgiving this week!!!
    Been really busy-- conferences, Minnesota trip, work, Bishop x-mas party stuff, and so on, and so on.......
    Can't wait till you get home!!
    Wrap things up---Write those papers--- and have fun!!!

    Aunt DeDe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three more weeks! Can't wait to see you! Fit in a few more adventures!

    ReplyDelete