Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Flight from D town to London

I really want an English accent now lol! :) I loved listening to them talk. The flight to London wasnt too bad. I was still terribly ill but I was exhasted to I got to sleep for a little while. I passed the time by reading and trying to guess what the people on Everybody Loves Raymond were saying on the screen in front of me because my sound didnt work lol. Dinner was served on the flight... it actually wasnt that bad- it was like stuffed shells and bread and salad. Flying over the ocean was beautiful, and flying over London was interesting- it looks like they drew the land boundary lines with a squiggly ruler compared to the perfect squares of flint and detroit. The flight landed at like 7am London time. Customs was as unpleasant as everbody makes it sound! I waited in the wrong line for 45 minutes... but the customs lady was super nice and direcrted me to terminal 5. I took a mercedes connection flight bus 30 minutes to the other terminal and waited there. Went through customs again... then through security... and after the 2 hours it took to get through those there was no time to go explore London since the airport was pretty far away from all of the attractions. I tried to stay awake so no one would steal my luggage but that was pretty difficut... I drank some starbucks and read a lil. Walking around was not too great of an option because I packed my carryon back far to heavy and my shoulders, back, and neck absolutley killed! I wont be making that mistake again! I had to wait until 2:25pm for my flight to Ghana. It was an eternity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but finally I boarded the British airways plane for my final destination :)

No comments:

Post a Comment