Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Flight from Flint to D-town

Sorry for all of the details but I want to remember everything!!!!
Aug 16th Day 1. Everyone woke up and got ready at 4am so that we could leave the house by 6am. I wanted to give myself extra plenty of time for my 10am flight out of flint. Turns out that was extra extra EXTRA plenty of time because i was mistaken and my flight wasnt scheduled until 1:30pm lol! I cant beleive no one double checked me, they all know that i suck at life sometimes lol. The ride to the airport was quite emotional. My lummy drove me and my mom dad ash and amanda drove seperate. We sat at the flint airportfor a while, said our goodbyes, and i crossed the point of no return all by my lonesome. They called my flight and I boarded my first airplane ever! The guy sitting next to me helped me get my luggage that didnt fit in the storage compartment all under my feet lol... it was a very cramped ride to say the least. I was in a window seat and seeing everything as we were flying was breathtaking... flying through the clouds was my favorite. The flight was only like 12 minuites so it wasnt so bad... but I was closterophobic and got very badly motion sick... note to self: sea bands dont work! We landed in D-town and I had to wait until 6:40pm for my next flight... the departure boards werent even that updated yet... so I found a seat and read some books and magazines and munched on some granola bars... that subsided my boredom for about 45 minutes... so I wandered around and looked at all of the different stores and resturaunts trying to pass the time. When my gate was announced I read the map and went through the tunnel underneath the airport. The whole tunnel has like neon lights on the walls that blink and move and moving sidewalks... if the flight didnt make me nauseous this certainly did lol! I'm getting sick just typing about it! I waited for another eternity for my flight to London.

1 comment:

  1. Beth, when it comes time to come home, ask for "bulkhead seating" all the way if you can get it. It's the exit row and has more leg room for a tall gal like yourself. Our son uses it all the time. And, when you check in make sure they did assign it to you. When they see your height, they will oblige.
    Sounds like you are having a great time, enjoy!
    Bon-bon

    ReplyDelete