Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Flight from London to Ghana

Sick Sick Sick... we had to take busses to the plane and I rode backwards standing up... never a good idea lol. I slept for most of the flight and drank a lot of water. I had an isle seat this time which I foud out I prefer. I finished the 2nd twilight book on the plane :) We flew over the Sahara which was endless and then when we flew over Ghana to get to Accra it was a lightning storm which was scry but awesome to look at. Our flight landed at 8:30pm ghana time and I got in line for customs yet again. After getting through that mess and getting my checked luggage i met up with some other people from the program that I reconized from facebook. I can't beleive my luggage made it ... even though in one of the, my shampoo leaked all over EVERYTHING! It all smells really nice now though. As soon as you enter the Ghana airport there is a large sign that says akwabaa (welcome) but we do not welcome sexual pedophiles or any other sexual micrients so if you are thinking of committing a sexual crime you should go elsewhere... lol i found that really odd. We found our ride and got onto the bus to take us home... we all looked soooo exhausted! Traffic was pretty bad, and there were street vendors walking around in the street dodging cars and selling their wares in between the lanes... it was insane! Though the staff on the bus talked in Twi, all of the signs are in English. We passes the Obama billboard that was in the news and also Hotel Obama. We finally arrived to the place that we would be calling home for the next 4 months!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reposting...lol....too many spelling errors1 I love that sign....how wierd! I guess MJ could never go there. I would love to be a street vendor dodging vehicles....what an adrenaline rush! I forgot about the fact that they looove Obama over there. I'd rather be there than here in those regards. The controversey over Health Care is really heating up and it's just getting ugly. I can't believe how badly the republicans lie, and how many people are biting into it hook, line and sinker. I saw a recent poll where something like 45% of the people polled believe this crap about the so called "Death Panels" that Palin ginned up, which obviously don't even exist. Something like 80% of FoxNews viewers believe it.....no surprise there! I guess we'll never get real Health Care reform with a country of ignoramuses who beleive what they here within their narrow point of view and never go outside of it or research into it. Anyways, there's my political rant! I considered not doing it, but then I figured why not, Bethany has got to miss that :-P Point being, I forgot how much they love Obama over there...I'll try to rant less in the future :-) Looking forward to hearing more from you!! Hope all is well!
    -Eric T

    ReplyDelete