Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tuesday- and other thoughts

We had our final Twi lesson today- our exam is a month from now so we have some time to practice with the locals lol. After our Twi lesson a few of us tried to buy phones so we all went to a Tigo store which is one of the service providers. The store only sold sim cards and minutes and it was more of a customer service place sadly. I guess I need to find a place to buy a phone first then go back to the store so they can make it work?? On the walk back home we found a fruit and vegetable stand and we got everything to make spaghetti sauce and I bought noodles when we first got here so Im SOOOO excited for dinner tomorrow! I worked on my internship paper for a bit and then went to bed because classes started the next morning. All in all not a very productive day but its nice every once in a while.

**Everything is so go with the flow here its really nice... schedules arent set in stone and I never know what day or time it is lol! I never really need to wake up to an alarm. It gets dark here at like 6PM which really messes with my internal clock lol and the mosquitos come out super early... but its sunny at about 5am so we all tend to go to bed pretty early and wake up early which is pretty nice.
**Its been pretty rainy for the past couple of days so its been muggy but that should only last for a couple more weeks before the unbearable heat sets in.
**Im so sick of drinking water I couldnt take it anymore and finally broke down and bought some pineapple juice lol.
**I'm beginning to really like the spice curry- they put it in everything here!
**The staff at the Aya center got us a microwave and a blender so that we can blend spices and warm stuff up which is really nice.

2 comments:

  1. Beth- Is that all they have is water and pineapple juice? I love the pictures! Glad to hear you're finding different foods to eat.
    I love hearing of all your adventures.
    Love---Aunt DeDe

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you like coconut juice. Do they sell coconuts there?? Get a fresh coconut poke a hole in it put a straw in it and suck....lol

    ReplyDelete