Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Monday and Tuesday

Monday was a national holiday here- the end of Rammadan. So none of us had to go to our internships!!! We really wanted to go to bojo beach... but that seemed to be everyones plan and the traffic was outrageous... so we settled on going to a pool at a hotel in walking distance from our house. The pool is so nice!!! We all swam and worked on our tans... workin on getting called an obruni cocoa (brown foreigner lol). Its 5 cedis to go swimming for the whole day which is how much the beach costs but theres no travelling or cab fees or crowds so I actually like it a lot better! We pretty much spent the entire day at the pool and then went home to eat spaghetti and garlic bread which tasted amazing! The we swept and mopped the whole house and cleaned everything because there is a thick layer of reddish brown dust on EVERYTHING! One time I thought that I had gotten a great tan... but it washed off in the shower- the dust just gets everywhere its pretty bad. Most people carry around hankies to wipe off the bottom of their pants and their shoes and their faces but I think its pointless because it just gets dusty again. Anyway... after dinner we watched a movie together- there are dvds here for like 2 cedi that have like 50 movies on them each im sure that they are illegally pirated but yeah now we have hundreds of movies in the house lol.

Tuesday I went to school and the Teacher had finally arrived from Nigeria. She had never taught in Ghana before so I am supposed to take her around for the first week and show her what I have been doing. She seems like she knows what shes doing so I am soooo relieved. Now I can focus on being ateaching assistant and running all of the other programs that I have to do! School was nice we finished up most of the lessons that I had been working on with the kids in class so that she could have a fresh start. After class I went over to my other internship to work on the club that I am going to be running at the school, and get prepared for the club meeting on Friday (which is sex education). After that I went home and didn't do very much. Fell asleep pretty quickly yet again lol.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad the teacher finally arrived. So you are going to teach sex ed in a foriegn country??...hum...interesting...good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete