Friday, September 4, 2009

Thursday

Thursday I slept in because we didnt have class until 2. I finished my presentation for class since I am the first one to present the reading for the week in our Thursday class of course lol. We had bread and hazlenut spread (like nutella) for lunch which was really good. Then went to class - and my presentation was pushed back until next week because we all talked about our internships the entire time lol. Then a couple of us went to the mall because the next cooking group was making hamburgers and french fries for dinner and the mall is the only place they sell ground beef. I just went for fun lol. We walked to and from the mall which was a pretty long walk but the traffic was horrible and people were pushing and shoving to get on the trotros because everyone was leaving work to go back home. We stopped and got some potatoes on the way home to make homeade french fries. Even though it wasnt my turn to help cook I did anyway because I was bored lol... so I helped peel potatoes and then fry them in veggie oil. They turned out amazing and they even splurged on ketchup so I had the most amazing dinner ever. it was so good! I put pickles and french fries cheese ketchup and mustard on a bun. YUM!! lol. I am so happy it wasnt rice :) Dinner took a while to cook so after dinner everyone was full and sleepy and we all had to get up early for our internships the next day so everyone just read and talked and went to sleep.

2 comments:

  1. Beth-
    We are all so proud of you- and amazed at the information you are soaking in over in Africa!

    Sounds like you are at least getting some food- and different types.

    If you need anything- make sure you let one of us know.

    LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beth...i am so envious of you, but not too much, that i can't get over it. everything i have read so far sounds so unbeleivably amazing, and i am glad you get to have this incredible experience in your life. take lots of pictures, have lots of fun, and stay out of the rip tides in the ocean. i love you more than words could ever say & i can't wait for you to come home to your loving family. really ? you actually walked across a bridge, over the biggest rain forrest in the world, made of rope? what? my fear of heights would have probably messed with me too much, to let me do that. well, be good and be safe. i love you, beth.....aunt mitzi

    ReplyDelete