Thursday, September 17, 2009

Wedesday and Thursday

I love Wednesdays and Thursdays because I dont have to go to my internship!! lol hopefully that changes as time goes on. Wednesday we all woke up to the sonds of car horns and sirens on our street. Apparently there was a really bad accident far away and traffic had been redirected. The police vehicles that were trying to get to the scene were stck in traffic for hours. I never want to get in an accident here... emergency response is not fast at all. So since is was 6 am I got up and got ready to go to the Aya Center at 7. I had to finish my outlines for the final papers that were doing. I fiished and printed them off. We all waited here for the teacher of our 9am class to get here but he never showed up (probably because of traffic) so we went home and most of us took naps and ate lunch. I also got stuff ready for our cooking groups meal turn. We went to our last lass of the day and watched a movie about corruption in African governments... it was mostly about Mmobutu SeSe Seko- and was really interesting. After class my group and I gathered the last of our ingredients. We made macaroni and chesse with green beans and green peppers and carrots and onions along with some garlic bread. Everyone loved it so yay us! After dinner we (all 8 of us since my roomate is never really a part of what we do) went to a place called Uncle Jerry's to watch a soccer game on TV. It was kind of like a sports pub place so we sat around and talked to some of the locals it was really nice. After that we went home and listened to music and just talked... we're pretty much becoming a sort of family. All of us have become really close friends :) Thursday I slept in which was really nice :) In the morning I kind of just mozied around and did some housework (aundry and dishes and sweeping) and then went to the Aya Center to play around online a little bit before class. Our class today was just talking about our internships. Sounds like we are all having some challenges but the teacher promises that they would get better and that we are supposed to have challenges- its the entire point of the trip- so I feel a little better at least. My boss called in the morning and asked if I could stop by my other internship office at streetwise because he has some other work for me to do so that is what Im heading off to right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment