Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Thursday Night and Friday

First and foremost I just wanted to apologize to everyone about the spelling and grammar in my blogs. I never have time to reread them... and I usually have about 23.71 minutes to write about my entire week from Thursday to Wednesday... so forgive me lol. Im also sorry that I dont have access to the internet most times from thursday until wednesday of the next week. Its so difficult to get to the internet- lol its Africa go figure. Ok well enough apology lol- here goes... Apparently my boss thought that being free at 3 meant that I was going to be there at 3... but I was still in class at 3 and it takes an hour and a half to get to the office... so he ended up coming over to work on the Friday afternoon clubs that I will be running at my school. So far there are some sex ed classes, spelling bee classes, reading groups and football matches against other schools already set in stone. I am supposed to make up some of my own events... some are going to be drama club (like improv, poetry readings, and interpretive dance). I might possible also start a recorder class :) and who knows what else I still working on it. While AB was over there was a HUGE crash on the main road by our house. Everyone started running down the street to pull the people from the cars. It was three cars (2 of which were on their sides!) Ambulances take hours to get to the scene so they are usually just for dead bodies. Cab drivers actually volunteer to take the people to the hospital which is pretty interesting and scary. It was really crazy to watch - and now im even more terrified of trotros! After my boss left another girls boss came over and made everyone red red but it had fish and beans in it so I just had some fried plantains (which are like bananas... ew lol). After dinner most of us went to Chez Afrique to watch some live jazz. We got a little lost walking so we ended up getting there quite late. It was still really nice and fun and I had some fresh squeezed pineapple juice yum! After that I went home and passed out completley exhausted. Friday morning I woke up and got ready to teach class. The first class that I had was the one that I had the mental breakdown in on Tuesday so I was dreading it! The prefects in the class wrote me an apology letter and promised that they would behave from now on. Everyone in the class behaved like angels as I taught them how to brainstorm and outline the descriptive essays that they are going to be writing about their families. No one at the school has heard from the real teacher (Im getting annoyed). I taught that lesson in my next english class too... and then I taught Primary 6 RME. It was the first time that I had taught the class and my boss was there to observe me which made it even more nerve racking, but I got through it. We had to go visit another school where an intern was teaching french so that my boss could observe him, so I went with. It was a really boring class because I only understood half of what the guy was sasying since Ive only had a semester in French lol. After that we ate some spicy rice at the night market on campus and rushed off to a musical play about the life of former president Kwame Nkrumeh. The play was at the National Theater in Accra. It was so nice and really interesting!! The play seemed to last forever... but when it was finally over on our way home we heard my new favorite song (Simple by Bradez) blasting from a club so we all decided to stop and dance. We ended up staying there for a couple hours and only left when most of us were falling asleep on the dance floor lol. I slept really well that night!

No comments:

Post a Comment