Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Wednesday/Thursday

Woke up and went to clas... which was boring as usual. I wrote all of my notes with my left hand to entertain myself and try not to fall asleep. Then I went and fixed my phone again- the people at the Tigo store know me personally lol. After that most of us walked to the university to go to the post office and then buy stuff for dinner- we also bought FanYogo... its like frozen yogurt thats in a pouch (amazingly yummy and addicting lol especially in the heat) There are guys who have bike horns that ride around and sell fanyogos and meat pies lol quite interesting. It was my groups turn to cook - we decided to make yams, veggies, and chicken strips. The chicken was so gross I still have nightmares about it! We had to cut if off the bone and take out the gristle (sp?) and remove the skin (which still had some feathers in it no joke) there was blood and slimy chicken pieces everywhere! We dipped the chicken in melted butter then flour and then crushed up cornflakes and baked them in the oven. I made boiled yams (squashish potatoes) and some curried veggies which were a big hit there were no leftovers at all!!!! just call me chef beth ;) We cleaned up and then watched The Happening :)
Thursday was quite an interesting day! I slept in and then used the internet for a while. I moved out of my room because of my crazy roomate. she gets intoxicated and then forgets where she puts her stuff and forgets what she spends her money on and thinks that everyone is stealing from her... so she told me that I had to lock the bedroom door everytime I left and I refused... so she told me to move to the empty room that the Aya center just opened up in the house. I gladly moved in to my new room (pics to come :) After I got all moved in I went to class where we finished watching the movie about Mmbuto SeSe Seku. I finished up some research for a grant proposal that I have been writing for streetwise. My boss came over so that we could work together on it... he mostly watched the world cup egypt v trinidad (egypt won) while I was the brains of the operation lol. He ended up staying for dinner along with someone elses coworker so it was really nice. The group made peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches, fruit and stirfry... dont ask me lol?? Then some people left to go to Chez Afrique for jazz night I prepared my sex ed talk for the next day.

2 comments:

  1. Beth--
    I'll bet you won't eat chicken for a while!!
    But it sounds like you are finding things to eat okay!! (Some of it sounds gross to me-- but I guess we all try things once in a while).
    I still think you need to come over when you arrive back home and we will go to PI'S!!!!!
    Love you!! Take Care!!
    Aunt DeDe

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are getting to be quite the chef! Now you can finally do some cooking at home! Tell your drunkin roomie it is time for her to say good-bye and she needs to move on! Dont let her get away with any more of that drunk shit!You need to confront her and report her again!

    ReplyDelete