Thursday, September 3, 2009

Question Answering

A lot of people ask questions when they post comments so I'm going to try to answer them all in one blogpost lol! Here goes...
*Yes, I really miss having a washer and dryer.
*We are trying to watch a world cup qualifier game since the world cup is in South Africa in 2010 its a HUGE deal here. On Sunday there is a game between Ghana and Sudan but sadly we will be in Cape Coast. I'm bummed :(
*Twi is pronounced like Tdjree - IKR its really hard to say lol.
*There are tons of churches here and everyone is really religious but I am not attending church. Some people in the house are going to start going though.
*Gas here is like 1.50ish cedis per gallon which is pretty close to $1 a gallon.
*Trotros cost on average like 35 pesowas each time I ride one... which is like 29ish cents.
*I don't know if I will be going to a rainforest but hopefully!
*There is a shopping mall pretty close to wear we live but everything is really super expensive.
*The drinking age is 18 but no one really gets carded.
*The cookies were yummy. They were gone within a day! There is nothing sweet to snack on here at all. We usually have juice or fruit for desert. My next cookie adventure is no bake cookies!!! :)
*Yes, there is a girl who looks like an exact clone of Ashley Draves.
*I will be teaching middle aged students. All of them have to wear uniforms and even the girls have to shave their heads to minimize competition between students so they can focus only on their work and education.
*Ants here are HUGE fire ants. Their anthills are taller than me- they build them above ground instead of underground. I'll post a pic soon.
*The pic of me is in the Aya Center where we have classes.
*There are a lot of different juices here mostly tropical like mango/guava/paw paw/ and pineapple... but they are really expensive. But I'm so sick of water lol! I splurge sometimes.
*I havent tried the coconut juice yet- it sounds fun :)

4 comments:

  1. Beth, Can you please take a picture of you with your classmates so that Alex and Emily can take it to their school and show everyone what a Catholic school there looks like, shaved heads and all;)
    IF we can get money into your account could you get Alex a soccer jersey, let us know and we'll pass on the size.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joshua was really excited because this year's kindergarten theme is safari. They have a real warthog tusk, and he remembered that you are in Africa. He's very interested in where you are and all the adventures you're having!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, you did very well answering all the questions. I do want to see a picture of the outside of your house and how do you know they arent carding anyone?????????????????????????Please go to the rainforest. what an adventure. ask your roomate to make it happen! Have your flatmates take a cool picture of you to use as your christmas cards this year(or next)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth--
    I check your blog 2-3 times a day--awaiting new updates, not knowing when.........
    I think about all the adventures you are having, thinking how lucky you are to be able to experience them, and wishing I could be with you to experience also!!!
    I tell my friends and co-workers about you and your adventures!!
    If there is anything you need- let us know!

    ReplyDelete