Thursday, September 10, 2009

Wednesday

Class wasnt as interesting this time. Almost everyone fell asleep lol! It lasted from 9-11am... then we all went home to grab a bite to eat. Most days for lunch we have bread with either marmalade, groundnut, or biferella (nutella). The Aya Center planned a teaching seminar for those of us who are going to be teaching at 12 so a couple of us went back there for that. It wasn't very helpful to me but I did learn a little bit about the education system in Ghana. All of us are considered to be untrained teachers. Thats someone who has a lot of knowledge in a certain field (english per say) but who hasnt been trained to be a teacher. There is a major shortage of teachers in Ghana so untrained teachers are quite prevelant in the schools. The teaching seminar was an hour long so we just waited around for our next class to start. This one wasnt very interesting either but definetly not as bad as the morning class lol. After class my cooking group made dinner and we all ate. Keke is gross and I'm pretty sure that no one in the house will eat it again. It tastes like gritty vinegar corn paste if that gives you any idea lol? After dinner I made no bake cookies which turned out perfectly and everyone loved them- they ate all of them I'll have to make more! After desert I got some pictures together for my blog and wrote some blog entries/emails so that I could send them out the next day- then hit the hay.

1 comment:

  1. hey just a suggestion for your class, have the kids perform a play that you know and can teach them,like Chicken Little or Three little pigs????

    ReplyDelete