Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Monday- First official day at my internship

I rode the trotros to my internship all by myself for the first time. I didnt get lost at all so I was really proud of myself! My boss AB told me to be there at 9:30 so I left extra early and got there at like 8:45 lol. No one else got there until like 10 (Ghana time lol!!) I turned in my paper and the lady that was there read it and told me it was great :) then AB called me and told me that he wouldnt be there until 11:30 lol... only 2 hours late I guess. He apologized multiple times while we were on our way to the school where I will be an assistant teacher. We had to take a trotro to Achimota and then another to ABC juntion. Then we had to walk about a half hour down a road until we got to St. Johns school. I met all of the teachers and the headmistress. Its a catholic boarding school! The teachers said a prayer about the new year and the school and the students which was really intersting. Then I got a tour of the school and then we headed home. I took a nap as soon as I got home because I was totally exhauted. Im so sad I have to take like at least 6 trotros a day!!! Its so tiring! lol. Last week we decided to split the house into three groups and then Monday Wed and Fri each group cooks dinner with enough leftovers for the next day. So I woke up to the house smelling really really good! We had stir fry and pasta YUM! I'm in the wednesday group so I hope everyone like sugar butter rice!!!!! :) Then I read some school work for a while and went to sleep with a full belly.

1 comment:

  1. Beth-- You bring a smile to my face (sometimes a laugh) every time I read your writings!!
    How much do you have to pay when you ride on a tro tro? What age level are you going to be teaching? Do they wear school uniforms?
    Today is our first day at school (catholic school also) and it starts out with a mass for the students! Alex is so excited he bought his own alarm clock! Got up early to take a shower too, must want to look good for the girls!
    Love ya--- Thinking about you every day!
    Aunt DeDe

    ReplyDelete